Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, October 17, 2008

Amazing Blog...check it out!

So I have just spent the last 3 hours reading a blog I came across. I have used about 5 tissues drying my tears as I read this woman's story. You have to take the time (if you can find 3 hours...Eric is in the field tonight) to read about Angie's recent trial of losing her daughter 2 hours after being born. She knew from 20 weeks into the pregnancy that the child wouldn't live and she shares her journey in her blog. It is so sad, yet inspiring to read how she leaned on God during this hard time. I am so renewed by reading her words. http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/
I just went into Marissa's room to look at her. I gave her a kiss and told her I loved her. I am so blessed (that word just isn't BIG enough) to have Marissa. I am so blessed to have a happy, healthy, adorable, and loving child. Thanks Dad and everyone else for your endless prayers during my pregnancy. Sometimes when I look at Marissa I get lost in her gaze, her smile, her joy. I cry because I realize how precious life is. It is a miracle to have the gift of a child.

I love the way she sleeps with her hands by her head!


I hope you will be drawn closer to God as you read Angie's story (start back in January). She is an amazing woman who has been through a lot and has given God all the glory.

Thank you Jesus for my gift, Marissa. May I cherish every day with her and I pray You will help me be the mother You have called me to be for her. Keep her safe and close to you always. Amen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, i started reading this inbetween patient calls tonight and it is really touching my heart and I'm not a mom!! Thanks for sharing this with me, I can't wait to read more!! You are a wonderful mom, Marissa has been blessed with you and Eric too! We love ya'll! Your sister-in-law :) (Amy)

The Howes Family said...

Marisa is cute. It is funny cause she puts her hands behind her head like she is relaxing.
You have seen lots of people from our class lately.
My Teacher looks a lot like you but she isn't as nice as you.
I miss you, I can't wait to see Marisa.
Love, Julianah