Eric finally arrived at Fort Bragg Monday evening. It was so exciting going to pick him up. Marissa has really missed him. I could tell from her attitude and behaviors that she was needing her daddy. When Eric walked up to the car, he put his bags in and went to her door. She wasn't sure at first who he was then once he started talking she lit up! It was so precious!
Now that Daddy's home she is smiling so much more. I have to practically stand on my head to get a smile out of her for the camera, but if Daddy even looks at her... an instant smile! She is truly a Daddy's girl. She stayed up until close to 10 pm last night loving on Dada! She has been giving him lots of hugs and kisses and then looking over at me! I was sitting next to Eric on the floor hugging him and before we knew it, Marissa was crawling at lightning speed to get in between us!!
WELCOME HOME DADA!
Yes, It's My Daddy!
Oh, how I've missed the kisses!
After Eric dropped his bags off he had to go back for a short formation before being released. So Marissa and I sat in the car waiting. She thought it was so cool holding on to the steering wheel. Aren't these pictures too funny? It looks like she is speeding around trying to find Eric. While we were waiting some other soldiers were walking in parking lot and she about broke her neck trying to look at them. She thought they were her Daddy!
Rocko was excited too that Daddy was home. He loves some Eric now! I am very glad that Eric is home as well. He is an amazing daddy to Marissa and a sweet hubby. It is nice to have him around the house...someone to talk to. I am not looking forward to a year long deployment, but I am not going to think about it now and just enjoy these last few months together.Oh Daddy, where have you been?
Drink some tea with me!
Having a tea party with Daddy!


3 comments:
Oh, I just love those pictures!! I got all teary seeing her with her daddy! So glad he's back home where he belongs! :)
I love this post! I'll praying for y'all about the deployment. I just cannot imagine going through that. God will be with your husband every step!
Hi there! I just read your recent comment on my blog...sorry I didn't reply sooner! I see you came across my silly, boring family updates via a mutual friend...that's awesome! And yup, we're gearing up for the big 1st bday---I hope your celebration is exciting as well. Looks like a beautiful family you have, and I look forward to catching up w/ your blog soon (at the moment there's chaos of two toddlers all around me, but I wanted to stop in and say 'hi'!)
Post a Comment