My parents and brother Chris came to visit for the weekend. It is so nice to have company, especially when I am alone! We sure did have a good time hanging out with each other and playing with Marissa! They got here on Friday and Marissa was loving all the attention! She was showing off her new "tricks" of crawling, pointing, cruising, and walking while holding on. She was too precious.
On Friday, Chris and I tried to cut the grass, but the lawnmower broke. We got it 1/2 way working on Saturday so Chris finished up the yard Saturday morning while Mom, Marissa and I went shopping in Fayetteville. We then put Marissa in her baby pool trying to get a good pic for her birthday invitations, but we weren't too successful. She has learned how to take her bows out and is very quick. Sunday we went to Red Robin (yes, I went there 2 weekends in a row...I am burnt out and 5lbs heavier!) for Mother's Day lunch and then hung out at the house before the folks headed back home. It was nice to spend Mother's Day with my mom and sharing in the joy of motherhood with her.
On Friday, Chris and I tried to cut the grass, but the lawnmower broke. We got it 1/2 way working on Saturday so Chris finished up the yard Saturday morning while Mom, Marissa and I went shopping in Fayetteville. We then put Marissa in her baby pool trying to get a good pic for her birthday invitations, but we weren't too successful. She has learned how to take her bows out and is very quick. Sunday we went to Red Robin (yes, I went there 2 weekends in a row...I am burnt out and 5lbs heavier!) for Mother's Day lunch and then hung out at the house before the folks headed back home. It was nice to spend Mother's Day with my mom and sharing in the joy of motherhood with her.
Uncle Chris is getting me WET!
Marissa is a little ham! We were trying so hard to take a cute picture for her birthday invite. She wouldn't leave the bow in her hair....she kept getting mad and crying. She loves the pool and loves to SPLASH!
Look at me!
No you didn't put that bow in my hair!
I'm a big girl holding my sippy cup!
At Christmas time our neighbors, Mr. Wes and Mrs. Irma, got Marissa this rock and roll horsey. We pulled it out to see if Marissa could stay on it and she absolutely LOVES it! It is so cute to see her ride the horsey. It plays Giddy Up music and neighs like a horse. She only knows how to roll backwards for now.
Who loves Uncle?
Admiring Uncle Chris


2 comments:
HEYYYY! Marissa is SOOO big! Sorry I have been MIA. Bry just left again to go out of state to work with the family construction business. It was definitely tough to say goodbye again! We'll talk soon!
Aww, I love this post! I can't believe our babies are getting sooo big! We have a little horsey, too (the boy version of Marissa's : ) but Mason isn't quite sitting on it all by himself yet. I guess I'm just paranoid to move back and let go of him, thinking he'll fall! Now I'm motivated to put him on it tomorrow and see what he does. :)
Post a Comment