On Sunday I turned 37 weeks and I'm feeling good! Last week was my first full week of maternity leave and it was amazing. It has been so nice to relax at home, to spend some quality time with my not so soon baby girl Marissa, and to NEST. Eric said this is the cleanest he has seen the house in a long time!!

I also spent one day making meals to freeze for after Brady is born. I made two big containers of spaghetti sauce, chicken casserole, two breakfast sausage quiche, two meat loaves, and beef stroganoff. My mom is going to be here a few days after Brady is born as well as Eric's mom after that so I know I won't be going hungry for a while :)

I went to the doctor on Friday for a check up and Brady is doing well. I have not gained any weight in weeks, which is a shock because I can tell I am growing! Doctor said it just means I am controlling my sugars well. I definitely don't feel as big as I did with Marissa. I gained 28 lbs with her in comparison to 17 with Brady! Here at Bragg when you have gestational diabetes and you are taking medications to control your sugars, they schedule an induction at 39 weeks. The doctor left the room to go schedule it and when she came back she said it was scheduled for April 24th. I took a look at the calendar on the wall and said, "EASTER SUNDAY??"!! She didn't realize that was Easter! She said I could move it to later in the week, but at this point, let's get this over with! It will be a neat story that he was born on Easter! So needless to say, we are getting very excited that we have an end in sight. I have mixed emotions about it because I want it to be over, but then I don't! This will probably be the last baby we have, so I want to savor the last days of being pregnant and feeling Brady moving inside me (I know that sounds weird). I want to enjoy the last days of SLEEP (which I am really not getting due to the fact that I have bathroom calls every hour)! I want to snuggle my BABY Marissa alone a few more days. I want to enjoy the freedom of going out the house without bringing a 10 pound diaper bag along!

But I also want to see and meet my little man that God has blessed us with! I am excited about all the new and exciting adventures I will have with a BOY! I am looking forward to seeing Marissa's expression the first time she meets him. I can't wait to see her be the BIG SISTER. I'm anxious to see her love him and help care for him. I'm super excited that my husband will have that BOY to hunt, fish, play ball with....Our family will be complete! It's all going to be so good! Thank you for listening to my ramblings (if there is truly anyone who reads all this :) Can't wait to share Brady with you in 13 days or less. Keep us in your prayers. Hoping he comes naturally a few days before induction date! Here's a SNEAK PEEK of the nursery..still have a few more things to do. I am waiting on his name canvas for above his bed, a train canvas for above changing table, and I am putting up some small shelves on the other wall for frames and knick-knacks! Hopefully it'll all be done before he arrives!

My favorite spot :)
2 comments:
It's getting so close!!!! I can't wait to see who Brady looks like :) Boys are so much fun, of course I'm a little biased. Marissa will be his 2nd mommy, what a blessing she will be to you and to Brady! I'm sure Eric is already looking at all the hunting gear he will be purchasing for Brady.
the above comment was me....not sure why I was signed in with that name (I don't use it). :)
Post a Comment