Well what is new in her 20th month? She gave up nursing, interested in the potty, and lots and lots of talking!
My little talker is putting three and four words together! This kid is talking from the time she wakes up to the time she goes to bed! I love to hear her sweet voice! Since the last post I sat down and wrote a list of all the words she says and we were up to 75, but I think it is more than that now...easily 100 words! Here are some new expressions:
* Love Mommy (my favorite)
* Mommy pee pee potty
* Mon Mommy (Come on Mommy)
* MeMe Ma-Mart (MeMe's at Wal-Mart....she knows my mom well)
* Snow bye bye
* Daddy rack (Daddy's in Iraq)
* Mommy work
* Mommy dry car (Mommy drives car)
* Go Mommy Go
* Move Rock
* Where did _____ go?
* Mommy sit down
AND MUCH MORE! I need to be better about writing it all down! My mom asks me if I write all this in her baby book, but when do I have time for that?! Ha Ha!
When Eric is on Skype he practices her ABCs with her and has been working on A and B. He will write a letter down and hold it up. She has been doing well with those two letters and he is so proud of her! During bath time we also practice her ABCs. Her favorite letter is B. The other night I said, "What says /b/? b, b, BALL b, b, bumble bee". She said, "b, b, BABY!" It was so cute! Then tonight I was holding up a letter and saying someone's name that starts with the letter. I took a cute 2 minute video and accidentally DELETED it! I was so sad because it was perfect. I touched the letter E and ask her what says E and she would say Elmo, P-Papaw, U-Uncle, M-Mommy, D-Daddy, A-Amy (for Aunt Amy), R-Rocko....or I could say which one says Mommy and she would point to the right letter! It was too good to be true so I had to catch it on video because no one would believe me... We are going to try again tomorrow night!
Can't believe in 4 months my baby will be 2!


3 comments:
Oh yes......she is sooooo smart. She's like her Meme.....she will not stop talking and I love it. You know soon she will be saying "Why, mommy?" and "Why, daddy?" That's when you have to have quick answers and not just "because I told you so." I know the teacher in you will be ready anytime she asks you something. You're the best mommy in the whole wide world and Eric is the best daddy in the world......and of course she has her Uncle Chris who has grown so close to her. Uncle Ryan loves her too but he's been so far away. Ya'll will have to get together to have Hailey and Marissa play this summer. We'll take them to the beach or the pool. I know she learns so much from all of her other Aunts and Uncles and cousins and grandparents. She's one lucky little girl and so precious. We miss her so much and love seeing ya'll on Skype.
Don't give up on the potty training. You and Marissa are doing a great job! She learns fast.
I wish we could be nearer to you so I could rock her every night. I rock her and cry thinking about how fast she is growing up. I love holding her.
I could praise her forever so gotta go.
Love you all......
Meme and Papaw
Yay Marissa!! Such a smart girl! :) (and YAY for saying Aunt Amy!) :) She looks JUST like Eric in that first bathtub picture, it's crazy! She'll be singing those ABC's in no time!! And I'm sure she'll be potty-trained in no time, she's one smart lil cookie! Miss ya'll! Kisses from Uncle Ryan & Aunt Amy & of course Cousin Cooper!
So funny that she says your mom is at walmart!! And sad about daddy in Iraq...She is so smart though!! I cant wait to see her and talk with her! Gotta work on saying Aunt Kimmie!!
Post a Comment