Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Rocko!


Today our wonderful companion, handsome dog, Saint Rocko Valentino is celebrating his 4th Birthday! We got Rocko after being married 7 months and it was a big argument when Eric said one day that he wanted a dog. I refused and said that I didn't want a stinky dog in my house. I just knew that we would get a dog and Eric would deploy and I would get stuck training, cleaning, feeding, walking, etc. After our argument, I stepped back and tried to find a way to compromise, but there was no middle ground. Either we got the dog or didn't! I gave in and we got a puppy. On Valentine's Day of 2006 we were watching the Westiminster Dog Show and Rufus, a Bull TErrier was the winning dog. Eric said, "That is the dog I want". We searched online and found pups in Texas that were born on Valentine's Day! So we named our new family member Saint Rocko Valentino!

Two days after we got Rocko, Eric left for California for training for 3 weeks!! I was so scared. I didn't know what to do with this little puppy! Now four years later we don't know what we would do without him. He is such a loving dog and is a great companion to me while Eric is away. He makes me feel secure because I know he would protect us in a heartbeat! Marissa loves him and he loves her. They play so good together! Happy 4th Birthday Rocko! We love you boy!


Just a few weeks old....this is the picture the breeder sent us!



6 weeks old!


Daddy's Boy


Sleepy Puppy

2 comments:

My life....Ruled by BOYS!! said...

Rocko was definately a cute puppy!! I can't believe he was so little :)

Unknown said...

Rocko is growing up to be quite the adult!! I hope to see you guys soon. Hope y'all had a good weekend...looks like you did.