So we have battled nap time all day!!!! Marissa is still sleeping in the bassinet at night beside the bed, but when we return from Charleston in 2 weeks we are going to move her into her room in the crib. During the day I have been trying to put her in the crib for naps so she can get used to it. Well, she doesn't really like it!!! I get her to sleep and the second I lay her down she wakes up!! Sometimes I can pat her back to sleep, but then she wakes up only after 30-45 minutes!! I call her my little Kitty Cat because all she does is cat nap!! Today I was determined for her to nap in there, so for about 3 hours I tried to get her to sleep for her to wake up again and again. I would let her cry a few minutes then go check on her only to see her instantly stop crying and smile at me. It was an ongoing process. Finally after 3 hours of it I gave up and put her in the trusty old swing!! She has been sleeping in it for almost 3 hours now!! She was worn out. I guess I'll try the crib thing another day. I pray the transisition works!! Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Oh, I remember those days!!!! You just have to let her cry it out, but it is the hardest thing to do!!!! She knows how to work you already, they pick that up quick!!! I started putting them in their crib while awake but drowsy and they figured out how to fall alseep on their on. I have a friend who is still rocking her 18 month old to sleep at night. Good luck!
Post a Comment