Today marks a happy day and a sad day. The happy part is that Marissa is 3 months old today and she is such a joy to us. We are so amazed with how much she has grown in such a short period of time. She has such a fun loving personality!! Marissa lights up our life and we are excited to see her continue to grow.
The sad part...for those of you who didn't know, I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks a year ago today. It was a hard time for me and Eric, but we made it through it with the help of the Good Lord. God had a plan for us that we couldn't see. How blessed we are now with a beautiful baby girl. If we didn't have the miscarriage, we wouldn't have known Marissa. We are thankful for God's blessing to us. We will always remember the child we never got to meet...
Anyways, Happy 3 months to Marissa! We love you girl and can't wait to see you grow more everyday!!


3 comments:
It's always hard on 'that' day... mine is October 14th. I just try to imagine pouring all of the love that I had for our other little guy into Kayne and one day I will see him again.
:-)
Happy 1/4 Birthday Marissa!
<3
The Harveys
Amy and Eric,
It hurt me so bad that day you called because you were going to surprise me with your good news, but instead had the news of losing your child growing inside. I grieved with you and Eric for quite a long time and will always miss that child. However, we love Marissa and her parents. She is a beautiful little baby and daddy and I can't wait to squeeze her and kiss her and play with her. We can't wait to see you and Eric too.
Love,
Gigi and GaGa
Amy,
I still cry thinking of my "first"!! I think of our baby on the day I lost him/her (and other times), but I am also blessed to celebrate Gavin's birthday on that day, I had him a year to the day of my miscarriage!!! I so understand..... Miscarriages are one of the hardest things to go through and understand as a mom, I have had 2 and still don't understand why.....but in time God will tell us why! My prayers are with you today.
Marissa is holding a bottle!!!!! Mine NEVER did that, you lucky duck! I can't believe how big she has gotten. What a joy to have in your life!!
Post a Comment