Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 2, 2010

Dinner with an Old Student

While I was home Marissa and I went to the Manning's house for dinner. Jordan was in my first grade class the first year I taught at Flowertown Elementary School in 2003. The night I met them at Meet the Teacher night I was so nervous. I didn't know what to say to parents who asked me how long I had been teaching because I didn't want them to think I was not going to be a good teacher! The first thing Mr. Keith asked me was, "So how long have you been teaching?" I froze....then I said, "This is my first year!" I am sure they were scared thinking of leaving their baby girl with me to teach her all the basic skills of life. I was scared too! However, my first year teaching was amazing. I dove in and gave it my all......I still think that year was my favorite year yet! Oh, and Renee was the BEST volunteer ever!

Anyways, Jordan is 13 now and tall as me! She is still as sweet as ever and SMART! I am so proud of the young lady she has become. Her parents are amazing people who I am blessed to know. Thanks Manning family for loving me and inviting me for dinner!



We love the Mannings!


What a great family!


July 2010

June 2004

No comments: