Once the soldiers got off the plane they came into the hangar and had a short ceremony. In a sea of about 200 soldiers I could not find MY soldier. I was devestated. I continued to wave our M & M sign in hopes he would find us. After a few minutes, which felt like 10, he made his way to us. Marissa was so filled with joy when she spotted her Daddy. Daddy was filled with joy and tears! I loved seeing the two of them hug...she didn't want to let go! She kept asking him about his plane :) Eventually I got my hug and kiss. After 15 minutes with family, the soldiers had to load buses which transported them to their troop building. They had to work for a few hours turning in weapons and equipment. We are looking forward to him coming HOME in a few! Enjoy our homecoming pics!
Moments worth waiting for.....


6 comments:
LOVE the pictures!! The pictures of Eric and Marissa's emotional reunion had me in tears! I'm so glad Eric is home safe and sound, an answer to lots of prayers! Enjoy being a family again!
So glad to know he's safely on American soil. I'm so happy for the 3 of you. Great pictures! Congratulations on his homecoming. Enjoy!!
Yay yay yay!! Love the pics of Eric and Marissa. Too sweet. Hope y'all enjoy your weekend together. Love, meredith
I am SO glad ya'll are back together again under one roof! We are so PROUD of all three of you! Love ya'll so much! xo- ryan, amy, aubrey, & cooper!
Love these pictures, Amy! I'm just so emotionally involved in your story over the past couple of years and I can't wait to find out what the future holds for you 3! You have been so positive through it all and have been a wonderful mommy to Marissa while waiting for Daddy to come home. I just don't know if I could have that same strength. I know you're soooo happy to be a family again! Love ya.
Amy, Eric, and Marissa/Rocko too!
I am so glad Eric is back home safe and sound. Eric, thank you so much for serving our country and giving all of us the opportunity to be free because you are brave. I get goosebumps when I just sit and think of what you men have to do and go through during a war. Your service and love for your country is evident and the love for your Amy and Marissa are too. These two love you so much and talked about you every day. We asked about you every day too. You are a wonderful husband, father, and soldier and we love you so much.
Thank you for loving our "little girls" because they love you. We enjoyed having them visit with us during your deployment. Congratulations on the raise in rank! Keep it up as we know you will!
Love the pictures.....they say 1,000,000 words! God loves you and will always keep each of you in his sight.
Can't wait to see ya'll again.
Love each of you so much,
Meme, Papaw, and Bella (granddog)
Post a Comment