Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Child of God

When we were getting ready to leave for church I said "Marissa, Mommy has to get her Bible" and she went crazy looking for her Bible! Instead of her bringing her big Children's Bible, I pulled out her little pink New Testament. She took it and sat on her stool (which is her time out stool) and started "reading" it. I got her to say Hallelujah on camera..so precious.
Today at church two kids were being baptized and I started tearing up thinking of the day Marissa accepts the Lord into her heart. My prayer is that I am the parent God wants me to be and that Eric and I can lead her to the Lord! I love my baby girl!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This picture says it all. She is raised by Christian parents and that's what every child needs in these coming times. My mother instilled in me the importance of going to church and worshipping God and just being around Marissa proves that her parents teach her the love of Jesus in everyday life. She'll say "I love Jesus" and sing "Jesus Loves Me" and tell her mommy that she wants to pray "again" after she just finished a prayer. This is one child who is so loved by God and shows her love for God. I pray for her every day and so does Papaw. Because we raised you to love the Lord now you can share this joy with your children. I'm so proud of you and Eric!

Love all of you so much.

Meme and Papaw

Beth Priest said...

Oh man I redid my blogroll and for some reason yours got erased! I had to hunt you down on the internet and now I have to re add you! I love this post!