For St. Patrick's Day my neighbors, Kerrie and Zack, invited us over for an Irish meal. They had corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, carrots, green lemonade, and strawberry shortcake with green icing!! It was all very delicious!!! Marissa's favorite part was the CAKE!
On March 18 Marissa turned 21 months old! Yes, I missed it again and didn't take a picture on that day, but these are close enough. Don't mind the black eye she has....not quite sure how that happened, but she woke up Sunday morning with a big shiner. I don't remember her crying or falling, but it looks terrible.
So what is Miss Marissa doing at 21 months old?
*Well she is busier than ever and talking like crazy. She says close to 100 words! She is saying 3 to 4 word sentences like, "Where did Daddy go?" "More drink Mommy, please". It is so cool to hear her put all of these words together!
*She does say please and thanks. We are working on Yes MAM, and No MAM!
*Marissa loves to pray. When we pray at night she'll fold her hands, bows her head and squints her eyes. I'll say, "Now I lay me down to sleep...., Thank you God for..."And she'll start naming off family members, pets, friends, and teachers from school! It is so adorable. One night we were done praying and she sat up and said "more Mommy". She wanted to pray more! I just love it. I also love to hear her say Jesus!
*She is growing out of her 18 month old clothes and ready for her 24 month pants! She is still short and weighs 25 lbs! Marissa is my little egg monster! She would eat eggs at every meal if I would let her!!
* She knows a word for each letter except O and X. If I say tell me something that starts with B, she'll say Baby or if I say point to the letter that says Mommy, she'll point to M. It is pretty cool how fast she picked that up! She is trying to sing her ABCs but it sounds like ABCFGOPSE.....Now we are working on numbers and when she counts it sounds like this 1236910! I just love to see her learn.
* Marissa is a dancing queen and loves to sing! Her new favorite songs are Itsy BItsy Spider, I'm Bringing Home My Baby Bumblebee, and the Bubble Song!
Well I could go on and on about my pride and joy, but I'll stop. You probably already skipped all this and went for the pictures! HA!
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I love hearing what Marissa is up to! Isn't it weird how they get a bruise and you have NO clue how it happened?!!? My boys don't even know half the time how they got them! She is growing from a cute baby to a beautiful toddler/little girl!
Post a Comment