Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I PEE PEE MOMMY!

Tonight was an exciting night in the Kinard house! Marissa has been talking about her potty and peeing but nothing was happening. We would spend 10-20 minutes a day on the potty. We have been reading books on the potty, singing the potty dance and watching Elmo potty. We had been home from school about 2 hours and she said, "Mommy pee pee" and pulled at her diaper. So I took off her diaper and put her on the potty in front of the TV (her teacher suggested this). She would sit a while, play a little, and run around. This went on for 30 minutes. Finally she wanted a snack so I got her some gummies and she sat on the potty. I was on the phone with my friend Emma and she kept saying "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy.....Look". I dropped the phone and SCREAMED YAY!!!!!!!!!! I am surprised the neighbors didn't phone the police!! Emma, who I was on the phone with, wasn't sure what was happening! She thought something was wrong...lol! We cheered, high fived, danced, took pictures and she got 3 M & Ms! She was so proud of herself. She kept saying " I----Pee Pee!" It was so precious! We called a few people and told them the news!

Truthfully, I almost cried. This is one step closer to being a big girl and not my baby anymore. It is so hard letting your baby grow up but so rewarding to see them do new things! I am proud of my Big Girl and I hope we keep this up....diapers are expensive!!



YAY for Me!


Cheering for Marissa!!


I pee pee!

I know...that's gross, but I am so proud I wanted the proof!

Checking out her Pee Pee!

4 comments:

April Kay said...

Amy, that is hilarious that you took a pic of the pee pee! It's making me wanna go and sit Mason on a potty right now! Except that he's in bed. :) We really do need to start working on it lots more. I bought a potty time book the other day! I'm so proud of sweet Marissa, and I know I'm gonna be crying, too!

My life....Ruled by BOYS!! said...

YEAH!!!! That's how I trained Gavin and Mason, the potty was in our living room where everyone always was. People thought I was weird for doing that, buy hey it worked and they were trained in NO TIME. I think it works that way because they don't feel like they'll miss something.....Congrats, and yes she is getting big :)

The Kinards! said...

YAY MARISSA!!!!!! I can't believe how fast she is growing, it's crazy!!! Love and miss ya'll!

Unknown said...

Yay for your big girl!! I love the one of her looking all sassy on her potty. She is adorable. We'll miss y'all this weekend but looking forward to seeing you both soon!! Go Marissa!!
Love, Meredith