I guess there is no way to answer this question...it is a hard thing to do, but you have to do it! My parents and brother came up yesterday afternoon to say good-bye to Eric and be here for me this weekend...what a blessing! My brother cooked steaks, baked potato, corn and bananas fosters for dinner. Eric wanted one last good meal before leaving!
He had to be at his troop at 8:30 pm for formation and to draw weapons. We hung out for about an hour and then he walked us to the car for a private goodbye. It is so hard to say goodbye, but we know that God is going to take care of us and bring him home safely! We gave him lots of hugs and kisses and then waved goodbye.
When I got home there was a sweet card under my pillow telling me how muched he loved me!! What a wonderful husband I have. Eric, when you finally get internet access and read this, thank you so much! I appreciate it and I love you too!
Please keep us in your prayers because I am sure there will be hard days. I am certain that work and taking care of Marissa will help pass the time, but a YEAR is a long time to be away from your best friend, love, and father. Thank you for all the support.
Thanks to www.abccustomdesigns.blogspot.com for doing this for free!


5 comments:
Wow, you got me in tears over here!! Give yourself and Marissa a hug from me!!! I am so glad that your family was there to be with you. I know this is so super difficult, but it is definitely going to fly by. Keep your head up and stay strong. When is he planning his R & R??
Oh, Amy, I am crying for you!! It's so hard...our prayers are with you and Eric. It's so difficult and a year is such a long time, but it does go quicker than it sounds....I know it doesn't help to hear that now. God is there to carry you both through, and you also have little Marissa to help you stay strong. If you EVER need anything, please let me know, I know how it is with a little one that size on your own for a while......
I sooo know how it is....We are thinking about you Amy & Marissa....Stay strong! We love you.
It doesn't make it any easier to say "I know how you feel"--I am aware of that. Just know that there are some of us that know EXACTLY the prayers to pray over you and Marissa during this time.
Lots of pictures, video and Skype time with Daddy will remind Marissa that he will be home again soon~Love you guys! You can do this!
Okay, you made me cry! Even though Buck's been home for a few months now, I still remember THAT day all too well. Just know that we are praying many prayers for you, Marissa and Eric! You WILL do this...You ARE strong!
Post a Comment