While we were home we had Marissa's baby dedication at my parent's church on December 28th. We wanted to have it in Charleston so all of our family and friends could be present. The pastor who married us, Mr. Al Smith, dedicated her. It is such a blessing from God to have this beautiful baby and we fully commit ourselves as Christian parents to raise her up to know God. It is such a challenge in this world today. The life verse we chose for Marissa was Colassians 1:9. It is at the top of our blog...."We have not stopped praying for you since we first heard about you. We ask God to give you complete knowledge of His will and to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding." Please pray for us and for little Marissa as she grows and learns about God. Thank you God for this special child of yours!
Us with our parents at the front of the church for the dedication

Pastor Al showing off Marissa!

Us with our blessing!

After the dedication we went to brunch with family. Marissa slept through half of it after being totally exhausted from all the excitement at church! Then we went back to my parent's house for some photos in front of the dead Christmas tree!

Tired from all the attention!

Let me get some of that Sweet Tea Uncle!

Marissa and her two Uncles!

Me & My Baby!

Look at this ornament Papaw!

Admiring the Christmas tree!

Memaw & Papaw with Marissa

Papaw and his girl

Marissa in her Rocking Chair from Aunt Lil

2 comments:
I think you like making me cry over here!
She is growing so fast.
I am so glad you got to dedicate her at home.
To both my baby girls and boy (Eric),
These are great pictures of Marissa at her baby dedication. I cry and miss ya'll so much when I see your smiling faces and her cute little round cheeks. I just want to tickle and kiss her to pieces. I can't wait for ya'll to get closer to home. She's just a precious little bundle of joy and love. I'm so glad that God picked her especially for you and Eric. I know you will raise her the way I raised you (even though you say that ya'll laughed at me when I disciplined you). You turned out to be a precious and darling little girl and beautiful and wonderful woman. I am so proud of you. I pray that God will guide and protect you all during your move closer to home. He will never give you more than you can handle. Let me stop before I fill up with tears again.
Mommy, Granny, and Mother-in-Law
Marilyn
Post a Comment