Marissa has been missing her Daddy bad!! I heard her talking in her room last week at bedtime. She was looking at a photo book of pictures of him. She was just talking away to him. I heard her say, "Daddy, I just love you and miss you so much. I just don't understand....what are you doing over there in Afghanistan? I just don't know what I am going to do without you!" My heart was so broken for her. She is almost my four year old and she is dealing with this. But what God has revealed to me over this deployment is that he created us for this family dynamic and He knew she would be able to handle this. As hard as it is for all of us, he is molding us, making us stronger, and teaching her life lessons! I finally went in her room and talked with her. I asked her if she was okay. She said yeah, she just missed daddy. She said that his feelings were hurt because he misses her ;( and that her whole body hurt becasue she misses him. I asked her if she knew who could help her. She said "God". So I asked if I could pray for her. I said a special prayer for her and then I was a mess. I told her I was sad and asked her to now pray for me. She then said "No, go pray for yourself"!! I laughed so hard...God knew I needed that!! I am so blessed that I was able to teach her once again how to depend on the Lord for strength!
So the next time Eric called I let her talk first, (it was hard for me :) because she needed that one on one daddy time! They talked for 20 minutes and she loved his attention! She is such a Daddy's girl. They have already planned a trip to the gas station to get M & Ms when he gets back!
Her Reaction to Daddy on the Phone!
Hey Daddy!
So happy!!


No comments:
Post a Comment