Yes, Yes! Marissa is going to be a BIG SIS!! We are so overjoyed that we are expecting our second child May 7, 2011. God has blesssed us to care for another one of his precious children and we are excited to grow our family!
We traveled to Charleston last weekend to share our news. We opted to use Marissa in order to announce our news to everyone. Unfortuantely, some of our family did not catch on very quickly or were very observant. I ordered her this cute "BIG SIS" shirt and we had her enter the room and we waited to see how long before someone noticed!
Well we started with Eric's parents Friday night when we arrived to Charleston and they did not notice the shirt. They were too busy hugging her and loving on her. She walked by their refridgerator and saw a picture of the newest Kinard addition (Ryan and Amy's baby Aubrey) and said, "Dat's my baby bruder"! His parents said, "Really? Is your mommy having a baby?" So from there we prompted them to READ her shirt. His parents were shocked and his dad kept asking if we were joking!!! It was fun seeing the excitement on their faces! :)
Saturday morning we went to my parent's house to try again! Once again, slow reactions. This time Marissa was pointing to her shirt and my mom's shirt. Finally my mom read Marissa's shirt and asked if I was pregnant. She said at first she thought I just got the shirt on SALE!! Really mom? So then she took Marissa to see my dad in the other room and prompted him to read the shirt and he said, "Big Sis...Yep, you are a big girl now!" I said, "DAD, BIG SISTER!!" Then he was shocked and excited! Saturday night we went to my friend's house for dinner and thankfully my bright friends got it right away!! Thank you Meredith!
Everyone was excited to hear our news and shocked it happened so fast.....so are we! God has a special plan for our family and I can't wait to meet our new bundle of joy. Unfortuantely this new bundle has made me tired and sick, but it all worth it for what I will be receiving in the end. Marissa seems to understand a little about what is going on. She lifts up my shirt and tells me that her baby brother is in there. I guess she's hoping for a boy! She saw some of her old baby toys and she told me that those were for her new baby brother! I am looking forward to seeing her be a BIG SISTER!
Today I am 9 weeks. I have an ultrasound on October 14th. We are ready to see our little peanut! Stay tuned for more updates on Lil Kinard #2....
At MeMe and Papaw's house and no one has noticed yet!


4 comments:
How funny that your parents didn't get it! But, what a great way to break the news!! Love it! Congrats!!
Congrats on your 2nd! Can't wait to see your future updates! Kristina
I am sooooo excited to be a Meme again. I think when Ryan comes home they will have one in the making soon too. I love them all!!! Amy, I think this baby will be due in 2011 instead of 2010 unless you are hiding one somewhere. :)::):)
Yes....we were a little slow but we weren't expecting this since we've been asking when the next one was coming and ya'll would just grin. Marissa is so happy to and can't wait to be a wonderful big sister. She'll be a big helper for ya'll.
Love you all........
Meme and Papaw
YAY!!!! We are so excited for ya'll! Marissa is going to be a wonderful big sis!! I hope she gets the little brother she wants :) :) Aubrey says Hi! She looks forward to meeting her cousin Marissa & lil Kinard #2 (in May :)) Love ya'll!!
Post a Comment