Eric and I planned a romantic getaway for Labor Day weekend. He took Marissa to his parents house earlier in the week. We had a 1 bedroom cabin on the lake! It was so relaxing and beautiful. Our cabin was 1/4 mile down the road from where Dirty Dancing was filmed!
1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa
It took us about 4 hours to get there on Friday because of all the traffic!! Then the road leading to the Lake was pretty scary! It was getting dark and the road was very curvy! I was terrified! Once we got there, Eric had to get his fishing line wet! We checked out the lake and then headed to dinner that overlooked the lake, but it was already dark!!
Fishing Cabin
The HOT TUB!! We loved spending time on the porch!

Thought this sign was funny as decor!
Living Room

Kitchen
Bedroom
It took us about 4 hours to get there on Friday because of all the traffic!! Then the road leading to the Lake was pretty scary! It was getting dark and the road was very curvy! I was terrified! Once we got there, Eric had to get his fishing line wet! We checked out the lake and then headed to dinner that overlooked the lake, but it was already dark!!
Thought this sign was funny as decor!
Kitchen
Saturday morning we slept in and then went down to the lake for some fishing! Neither of us were successful!! Then we headed off to get some lunch where we got an eyeful! We saw a man who rides on a Harley with a Macaw and we also saw an amazing MULLET!! That afternoon we took a Pontoon boat tour of Lake Lure. We learned some interesting facts about the lake, saw some awesome homes, and amazing views. Then we had dinner at a great restuarant on the lake followed by a soak in the hot tub! It was a relaxing day. Eric said that this was the most relaxed he has felt in a long time, which made me happy!
Man with pet Macaw that rode on his handlebars!
Sunday Eric woke up and went straight to the lake, while I slept in a little longer and made breakfast! We ate breakfast and drank our coffee by the lake while listening to the church bells chime songs...it was gorgeous! Eric fished some more then we headed over to visit Chimney Rock which was right by us (1/2 mile)....we could see it from the lake. We drove a few miles into the park, got on a shuttle, drove another mile, then had a choice to take a 38 second elevator ride (20 minute wait) or climb 400 stairs. Eric didn't want to wait so we CLIMED! I about died! I didn't know if I was going to make it!! I am so out of shape.....lol. When we got to the top it was defintely worth the hike. The view was AMAZING!! Then we had lunch at the Sky View resturant and then headed to the waterfall which was another 3/4 mile after going down the 400 stairs!! Needless to say I was exhausted. There were people of all sizes, shapes, and ages doing all this hiking so I tried to tell myself I could do it!! Once we finished up at Chimney Rock Park, we headed into the village of Chimney Rock to shop, sit by the river, and eat dinner. We settled in early Sunday night with some fishing (Eric caught a small one finally), movie and popcorn (Dirty Dancing :), and hot tub fun! It was a great way to end our relaxing weekend.
Peaceful Lake on Sunday Morning....

Monday morning we checked out, got breakfast, and headed out. On our drive out we were winding through the town of Bat Cave and a black bear ran out in front of the truck!! We pulled over to see if we could see him in the woods....he was sitting at the edge of the trees staring at us while I tried to get my camera out. By the time I took his picture, he was turned around running in the woods! Look for the red circle in my photo for his behind! We also stopped for some YUMMY NC mountain apples!
Look at the red circle....
Finally we met Eric's sister in Columbia to get Marissa. I was dying to see her because it had been 5 days since I had seen her! It was good to be back with my baby girl! We got her a prize for being a good girl! We got her a wooden alligator! She was scared of it at first, but loves it now :) 
So greatful for a fun and relaxing weekend to reconnect with my husband ;)


2 comments:
What a blessing to be able to be able to get a weekend away! Your pictures are beautiful!
omg!! looks like ya'll had a blast!! i'm so glad you got some relaxing time in with the hubs! well deserved by both! :)
I just have to say...That was always my favorite part of Dirty Dancin'....the frame that you froze where he's singing to her at the end and his adorable nose scrunches up!!!!!! AHHH, HEAVEN! :)
Post a Comment