Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Goodbye Daddy!

15 days is just not long enough when you have been away from your family for 9 months, but his time was done and we had to say goodbye. Eric left out of Fayetteville on Tuesday morning, which seemed to be more difficult this time because Marissa was more aware of him leaving. When we got to the airport they gave us a pass to go through security and to the gate area with him so we could have more time. Marissa was all over Eric and kept saying "Daddy go on plane and go to work!" She knew what was coming....When it was time for him to board the plane she was holding him tight and didn't want to let him go. She kept saying, "No Daddy. No go plane. Hold me Daddy." I could see the tears about to well up in his eyes. He said, you might just have to take her and leave. We walked to the gate with him and showed her the plane he was getting on. She gave him one last hug then reached for me. As Eric was giving the man his ticket, she screamed, "BYE BYE DADDY! SEE YA LATER!" He turned around and waved....I had to turn my head because I was balling! He told me that he couldn't say anything b/c he was tearing up!

We left the airport and all I could hear was her saying "I want Daddy plane". We kept an eye out and we spotted it taking off. She started screaming, "Bye Daddy...I love you. See ya later". Now every time she sees a plane she says that's Daddy's plane. I guess she thinks he'll be on the plane for the next 6 weeks. Thank God we don't have to wait much longer until he's back for good!

We were so blessed to have him for 15 days with us and we enjoyed every minute. This is a hard life as a military family, but we are so proud of Eric and his hard work. He is a great soldier and provider for our family. I am so glad that he loves his job and is willing to sacrifice so much for our country. Thanks to all my friends and family that have supported us throghout this deployment. Counting down the days til its over!


She kept hugging him..


She knew what was coming...


Daddy's girl!


So sweet....


Oh Daddy...please don't go!


My Daddy, My Hero


My Heart Belongs to Daddy


So in love..


Kisses for his baby girl..



More kisses..


Forehead kisses in the airport.


Looking at Daddy's plane..


This is when she started saying "Hold me Daddy!"

4 comments:

Jordan Carroll said...

You have me in tears! I'm so glad that you had that time with Eric and so glad that he doesn't have much longer until he's home for good!

BeckyMuller said...

I was also in tears...Praying for you guys over the next 6 weeks!!!

Anonymous said...

I was in tears when I saw Eric holding Marissa at the airport. Amy it wont be long now he will be back for good. We love you guys.

The Kinards! said...

ok, i too am in tears!! what precious pictures of the two of them together. i am so glad he'll only be gone for 6weeks and then back home to ya'll for good!!! :)