Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

22 months...she can't almost be TWO!!


Sunday Marissa turned 22 months! I can't believe my little baby girl is almost two years old! Where oh where has the time gone?? This became much more apparent when I held Hailey. I told my brother that you must cherish those days because they do grow entirely TOO FAST. I will say that I did take the time to enjoy the infant stage with Marissa by being able to stay home with her. I did hold her a lot and play a lot! I miss those days, but these days bring lots of joy too!

What is she up to now?

* Marissa talks like a parrot. She will repeat anything you say, so be careful!! She is speaking in 4 and 5 word phrases like "Where did Uncle Chris go?" " Mommy, where are you?" "Rocko, I see you!". She is talking like crazy! I love talking with her because I know what she wants! At bed time she says, "Night Night Mommy! I love you". She also loves to identify everyone's belongings like: Mommy's pants, Rocko's toy, Daddy's hat, Pappy's keys! She gets really into that!

* She gave up her paci and is doing very well.

* She HATES to brush or teeth or have you brush them...any suggestions/tips would be appreciated!!

* She is identifying more than just one word for each letter. Tries to sing her ABCs

* She tries to count to 10, but is a little mixed up!

* Loves to be read to and will read along if there is a repetitive part! So cute!

* Loves to dance to any beat! Also loves to sing! She will tell me to sing!

* Loves to play in the yard with her bike, mower, ball, or just chasing Rocko!

* She knows right from wrong! If she swats at me or Rocko, I'll say NO MAM and then in her sweet little voice, she'll say "Love you Mommy. Hey Mommy! Be nice!" She knows what she is doing!!!!

Here are a few pics of her on 22 month birthday at Eric's Parents house riding the John Deere!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try having her sing the alphabet while you brush her teeth. Another idea is to have her make the "O" sound and sing it while you are brushing her teeth and then have her do the same with the "E" sound when you brush the front of her front teeth. You can make it a game and have her switch back and forth a few times. Good luck! Kristina

Jordan Carroll said...

It goes by all "two" fast, doesn't it?! She's a doll, Amy. Brady went through a phase where he hated brushing too, but we made a silly faces game out of it and now he thinks it's hysterical!

My life....Ruled by BOYS!! said...

I used to hold Mason between my two legs, hold his arms with one arm and brush his teeth with the other.....soo frustrating, but now he is the best one at brushing his teeth without being told :) I hope it gets better!!! Marissa is so smart for her age and a doll, I love watching her grow up!