Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Patriotic Photo Shoot

I came across this non-profit organization called Operation Love Reunited, which provides two free photo sessions for families of deployed soldiers. Certain photographers participate in this program out of the goodness of their hearts and provide the deployed soldier a book of all 4x6 photos taken and the family members an 8x10 for FREE. So I found a local photographer and set up a date for our session. She had to reschedule to do moving.....The next date we had set up for was a Saturday at 9 am in Fayetteville (35 minute drive for me). I was up by 6:30 am to get ready, get Marissa ready, and to make sure we looked perfect for our pictures for Eric. When I arrived to the park at 9:00 am...no photographer in sight. So I checked my email on my phone to get her cell number and much to my surprise there was an email from her stating that she wouldn't make it.

I was a little furious because she stated in her email that she tried to call me (my phone never rang and I had no voice mails). She was, however, at the ER with her baby for pnemonia so I did feel bad about that. So anyways, my neighbor Kerrie came along with us and said she would take some shots with my camera since we were dressed and ready. We walked around the park (It was only about 50 degrees! We were chilly!) and got a few shots, but Marissa was crabby. We were heading to the car and I spotted a man setting up a tripod and camera. I kindly asked him if he would take our pictures and explained my story. He gladly said yes and told me he would put them all on a CD for $20!! (the other girl was going to be $175 for a CD)

So this kind man took our pictures and did a GREAT job! I was able to take the digital images and make a hardcover photo book for Eric for FREE from photoworks.com. They were running a special and I got a $50 book for nothing! So needless to say it all worked out and Eric was very surprised and happy about his Christmas present. The Lord works in mysterious ways!













3 comments:

Jordan Carroll said...

They all turned out great! Glad that guy just "happened" to be there! Although, I'm sure it was no coincidence!

My life....Ruled by BOYS!! said...

Amazing how the Lord works :) I LOVE the black and white. What a great gift!!!

Beth Priest said...

So glad to know about your blog! Now I can follow it ; ). No, I really can't believe how big your little babe is getting! Way to make me cry with that song!