Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Girls Night Out!

As our time draws near here in Louisiana I realize how much this place has meant to me. Before we got married and I was about to make the big move here I was so nervous about making friends. God already had my friends picked out here and has truly blessed me with some wonderful ladies. It is hard being a part of the Military and having to pick up and leave friends every few years.
My first close friend I made here was Shirlee. She worked across the hall from me at the elementary school. We had a great time together at work, church, and just hanging out. I will truly miss her friendship! Shirlee's sister-in-law, Ceceilia, worked with us and we also became good friends. Their friend Amanda who goes to church with us also became a close friend and inspiration to me. At the time of my miscarriage she was such a blessing. She experienced the same loss a few years ago and was able to understand my hurt. We have started a Pregnancy and Infant Loss support group at church together...I am sad to leave her! Laurie, another military wife joined us about a year ago and is such a sweet girl who also goes to our church. Two other friends (who could not join us for girls night out) are Andrea and Katy. They both are military wives who have been great friends too! Thank you ladies for being there for me. I will miss each of you!

Okay...enough of the sad stuff! Friday night we planned to have a Girls Night Out! First we went to a place called "Paint and Party" here in town where you can paint pottery. Early in the week I went there with Andrea to start my Friendship Plate. It has the verse "A friend loves at all times." Proverbs 17:17 written in the middle and then my friends signed their names on the rim of the plate with Fort Polk and the dates on the back. I think it is going to turn out so cute!! Then we went to dinner at the Japanese Steakhouse. It was so much fun spending time with the girls!

So...Marissa stayed home with Daddy (such a nice treat)! I was a little nervous because he has never put her to sleep. I usually nurse her to sleep so he isn't involved in that process!! :) I came home and he said it was a piece of cake!! She enjoyed her special time with Daddy. I guess I need a girls night once a week! :)

P.S. Marissa has 2 teeth coming in! No one has told me how cranky a baby can be when cutting teeth!! Her temperment is totally different! I am hoping this will be over soon!

Shirlee and Amanda

Ceceilia ("Cis")

My Friendship Plate in the making...

Working hard!

Ceceilia and Laurie thinking about their design!

Shirlee

Little Miss Addison...what a smile!

Shirlee (holding Kyndal, Ceceilia's new baby) and me at dinner

Amanda, Laurie and Addison, Ceceilia


1 comment:

The Harvey Family said...

Your new pics are GORGEOUS! Can't believe that I didn't get to spend time with you guys while we were there, but time just flew by and we only had one vehicle. :-( Boooo!

I hope that everything is going well with your PCS. We are praying for you!