Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Date Night


Eric and I went on our first date last night since our anniversary when Marissa was 2 weeks old! We left her with my friend Andrea and we went to the movies. We went and saw Four Christmases with Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn. I give it 2 thumbs up! It was hilarious!! A must see movie. Seeing as though we don't go to the movies often and it has been a while since we have even bought refreshments at the theatre, I was slapped in the face last night. We go to the counter and order a "combo"....2 medium drinks and a large popcorn. They fill our drinks and get our popcorn. The guy says, "That will be $17.00". I said "WHAT!!!! $17 that is ridiculous!!" Eric was embarrassed by me and walked off to get napkins. I stood there in utter shock and the manager asks if we want to cancel the order. I really wanted the soda and popcorn, but I asked if I could get a smaller size for a smaller price. He told me that the smaller sizes are only 50 cents less! So here I am STUCK with $17 worth of popcorn and soda!! I was just mad that there were no prices letting you know how much the combos actually cost. Anyways...we had a great date (much needed) but next time I will be smuggling in snacks. At that price I could of bought four 12 packs of soda!!

$17 popcorn and soda

2 comments:

My life....Ruled by BOYS!! said...

Totally agree with you on the concession prices!!! I go with my "diaper bag" when I have Landon and have plenty of snacks for the movie :-) I know you aren't supposed to, but what are you supposed to do??? Glad you were able to go on a date, you need alone time with the hubby sometimes!!!

Amanda said...

AMY!!! My friend Janet and I went to the movies and the same thing happened to us. The girl told me $17 dollars and I had to have her repeat it because I didn't believe it. It cost less to see the movie!! That will forever be a joke with us! "That will be $17.00"!! LOL!! Are you kidding me? Vince Vaughn is the only man that I'd leave the hubby for!! LOL!!