Today we started our Christmas decorating. This year I decided to get an artificial Christmas tree, which is something foreign to me because I was raised on a Real Frasier Fir every year. Making this big change was a difficult decision, but a good one. Eric and I have not put up a Christmas tree since our first year married in 2005 because we are never home for Christmas. Now that we are closer we will be able to enjoy our home for the holidays and spend some time with family. After lots of looking around, I decided on a prelit 7 foot Christmas tree that looks REAL! I am very pleased with how it turned out.
We unpacked it and "fluffed" it this morning then waited until this evening to decorate it. Marissa was very excited about the Christmas tree and made lots of exciting faces :) She did get burnt out on hanging the ornaments. She did love helping Daddy put the star on top! I had a few presents wrapped and she was ready to OPEN them. This Christmas is going to be fun with her and the fact that we have DADDY home to share it with! Now we just have to get Marissa to understand that Christmas is still a month away!!
Friday, November 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
So beautiful! We started putting ours up yesterday, but stopped tonight and took a break to come to Marc's parents' for Thanksgiving. Can't wait to complete it on Sunday! And other decorating in our house. I just love Christmas! I know you're just soooo thankful to have Eric home!
Looks like ya'll had a great time putting up the tree!
love the tree! now if only I could convince Chad to fluff our tree! He always makes me do it! ; )
Looks like Marissa had fun! She is so sweet, can't wait to see y'all.
Love,m
....you are looking good.
Wish we could have been there. She looked so excited to see the tree and the ornaments. It is such a joy to see the Christmas excitement in a child's face. I always had a real tree because ya'll liked to smell it and now look, you went and bought a fake one. It's beautiful and I hope I get one next year. Eric really looked excited when he was fluffing the tree. Next Christmas we will have little brudder too :):):):). I love all my grandchildren so much. They are each special in my heart. Can't wait to see ya'll during the holidays. Glad everyone is home this year. Call me...Love you all so much.......Meme and Papaw
Post a Comment