Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 19, 2009

15 month celebration at Chuck E. Cheese

Marissa is now 15 months old!! WOW! Another month has flown by and she has learned so much! She is a quick learner and loves to do whatever you are doing. That can be good and also bad ;) She has picked up on my pushing Rocko out of the way so now she is always shoving him or swatting at his face!
*On a previous post I listed all the words she is saying or trying to say. She is talking all the time. She sometimes tries to repeat what you say. I said "Dang" the other morning and I think she tried to repeat me!! Watch out!

* I am going to work on getting a video for all the animal sounds she can do. So far we have worked on bee, dog, cat, monkey, lion, bird, and cow. She is so cute when she does the monkey!

* During bath time we have been counting to 3 with her ducks and I've noticed that she will point to the ducks like I do when I count and she is mumbling something. I guess it is the teacher in me!!
* She is doing well at Daycare besides the fact that she has had 2 ear infections in 6 weeks of being there! She doesn't cry every morning I drop her off, but she still cries when she sees me in the afternoon.
* Not to shock anyone, but Marissa is still nursing! Only at night and in the morning and sometimes when we got home in the afternoon. I am trying hard to break that one, but she is very persisitent and will scream! I have to keep her busy and distracted! Thought I read that they self wean around 1. She is showing NO SIGNS of that! We are working on it though. The night time doesn't bother me because it is like our quiet time to wind down and bond, but Eric said she better be off by the time he gets back!! :)
Anyways, we went to Chuck E. Cheese to celebrate her 15 month birthday with Kinsey and Emma. Marissa really enjoyed the rides and wasn't ready to leave. We got there around 5 and it wasn't busy, but within an hour it was chaos and we were ready to LEAVE! What was I thinking trying to do that after being with KIDS all day! Anyways, Happy 15 months Marissa. Mommy & Daddy love you so much and can't wait to see what new things you learn next month!

Driving Stuart Little

Riding on the carousel

Kinsey & Emma with Chuck E.

Marissa and Mommy

So funny! This was Kinsey's 1st time drinking out of a straw!

Marissa & Kinsey riding the Trolley

Speeding....
Ready to slide--

Wheee.... Loved the slide!

Beep Beep!

5 comments:

My life....Ruled by BOYS!! said...

Don't worry about the nursing, she'll slowly start weaning herself when she is ready. It's hard to try and break them, I made Landon go cold turkey....but I had help distracting him :) She'll be "off" by the time Eric is home...no worries :P

Jordan Carroll said...

I took Brady to Chuck E. Cheese right around the time he turned 15 mos. too. He loved the pizza and rides, but he HATED Chuck E.! Now that I think of it, his first time drinking from a straw was there too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy! This is Kristina (Deibert) Holst. Jill sent me your blog and I've been sitting here reading it for the past hour. Very interesting and congrats on all! I'd like to send you an update from me, so if you wouldn't mind send me your email address to deibertk@hotmail.com. Hope to hear from you soon!

Lisa said...

Don't worry about the nursing she will wean soon enough and then you will miss it....I promise! Both mine weaned around 18 mths and I was so sad. I missed that bonding time.

The Scott Family said...

Adorable!! Cant wait to see you boht next weekend!